The Philips DAC960 was the world first - a 3-in-1 unit for digital audio signal processing featuring: a digital source selector which handles multiple sampled inputs at 32. 44.1 and 48 kHz: a Reference Standard 16-bit quadruple oversampling and D-to-A converter, an 'audiophile quality' analogue control amplifier.
Reference Standard' Converter Unit with:
- Digital Source Selector
- 'Reference Standard' D/A converter TDA1541
- Control (Pre-) Amplifier
- Studio Quality Engineering
- 3 separate power supplies
- Automatic multi-sampling at 32, 44.1 and 48kHz
- Enhanced digital filtering
- Dual, high-linearity, 16-bit digital-to-analogue converter TDA1541
- Optical and electrical digital inputs
- Precision analogue filters
- 'Absolute Phase' control
- Balanced, direct and variable analogue outputs
- Digital monitor output
- High-quality headphone amplifier with volume control
Philips TDA1514A S2 double crown
This Philips DAC960 has been equipped with a Philips TDA1541A S2 double crown chip. It also has been completely serviced.
The lid has some markings of another device which has been placed on top of this DAC960.
The sound of this DAC960 is very very good. It is very detailled, very natural and transparent. A very nice DAC960 to listen to your favorite music!
Interested? Send us an email.